Beauty of Indian Forest

Beauty of Indian Forest
Buxa Tiger Reserve Landscape, Duaars West Bengal

Images from Indian forest

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Study on Indian Wetlands #5

King Fisher, This is the most beautiful bird found and well spread across the all Wetlands. I can remember in my childhood whenever we used to see a kingfisher, we used to say "look kingfisher, make a wish". Still today king fisher is my lucky bird and I wish to click this beauty again and again. Everybody knows they are really deadly predator in Wetland. It is very pleasant experience to watch the fishing style and capabilities of this bird. Here some image of Pied king fisher and small blue king fisher.


I have taken this above image of small blue kingfisher from a river side wetland of kauvery river, Bhimeswari, Karnataka. Gear used: Nikon d70s, Sigma-170-500mm/F5


This Image from Lake of Kodai,Tamilnadu. Gear used: Nikon d70s, Sigma-170-500mm/F5

There are roughly 90 species of kingfisher in the world. All have large heads, long, sharp, pointed bills, short legs, and stubby tails. Most species have bright plumage with little differences between the sexes. Most species are tropical in distribution, and a slight majority are found only in forests. Among the 90 species there are only (as per my knowledge) 7 species found in India.

a) white brested kingfisher
b) Small blue king fisher
c) Pied Kingfisher
d) Strok billed kingfisher
e) Crested Kingfisher
f) Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher
g) Black headed Kingfisher

I appreciate your help to inform me about any new species apart my knowledge.



This above image of Pied Kingfisher taken from Ranganathittu,Karnakata.
Gear used:Nikon d70s, Sigma-170-500mm/F5

Study of Wetland .....continue

No comments:

Post a Comment